Value Added Tax (VAT)
Professional help and guidance for this complex area
VAT can be a complex area and regular and timely returns need to be made to HMRC in order to avoid penalties. Whether you are looking to register for VAT for the first time, are already making returns but would like some extra help, or would prefer to have somebody else do the worrying for you then don't hesitate to give us a call.
Value Added Tax
Ever changing regulations and the growing demands of HMRC mean VAT compliance can be complex and a difficult administrative process, getting it wrong can cost a business dearly. Investigations by HMRC into VAT returns can be both stressful and time consuming - all the more reason to ensure that you have systems in place to manage the process. To help you manage this complex area, we provide an efficient, cost-effective VAT service.
We can help by:
- Advising on the VAT schemes most suitable to your business
- Ensuring that all VAT returns are accurate and returned on time
- Ensuring that the best advantage is taken of reliefs available
- VAT control and reconciliation
- Advising you if you need to register or if it might be beneficial to register
- Dealing with all VAT registration paperwork
- Planning to minimise future problems with HMRC; and
- Negotiating with HMRC in disputes
Being the subject of a tax or record keeping investigation by HMRC can be a stressful and worrying experience. With the onset of personal and corporate self-assessment, HMRC staff can now review cases on a 'sample basis'; consequently, tax investigations have become more frequent. We have a wealth of experience in dealing with HMRC investigations, whether they are enquiries into an individual’s Tax Return under the Self Assessment regime, more detailed VAT enquiries or employer-related investigations into PAYE and P11d compliance. If you are about to be the subject of an investigation, we can provide expert help and support.
If you have any questions regarding how we might be able to help or you simply have a question relating to VAT or an HMRC Investigation then don't hesitate to give us a call. We will be happy to help.