Company Formations & Start-ups
Professional help and advice for new businesses.
Ranging from tax and payroll issues, right through to cash planning and business forecasting, a start-up can face them all. We can help you think through this process and to help take some of the stress away.
Company formations & start-ups
Starting up in business for the first time can be a bit daunting and the technical side can be time consuming and confusing. Deciding on the right business structure plays a big role with regards to the protection you have under the law and will also drive how you will be treated for tax purposes. Getting the structure right from the beginning is extremely important.
Jems can offer full support through this process. We can help you decide on what is the best legal structure for your business and if required, we can set the company up at Companies House. We can also thoroughly go through the way the new business will be treated for tax and the best ways to help minimise any liability.
We can also take care of any budgeting and financial planning requirements to help ensure that funding is available for planned activities and we can advise on the best accounting structure and systems going forward.
Overall, a start-up can be stressful. What most businesses want is to be able to focus on the operation and not on administrative issues. We can completely take this process away and we can give solid workable advice.
We can help you to:
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business - sole trader, partnership, limited liability, partnership or limited company;
- Prepare a business plan, cash flow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts;
- Complete any registration procedures with Companies House and HMRC;
- Deal with what computer software to buy and help with the installation of accountancy software;
- Keep on top of company secretarial issues;
- Set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements;
- Decide on bookkeeping, VAT, payroll and other accounting requirements; and
- Help with all aspects of business compliance and administration
If you have any questions or queries regarding starting a new business and how we might be able to help then please feel free to give us a call. We are happy to help.